For Erika Bolstad, yoga is much like her journalism: Both are about spreading light and shifting perspective. Her influences are multidisciplinary, with an emphasis on movement, alignment and awareness. Her classes are about cultivating space and ease in the heart, mind and body to better breathe, love and create. Her specialty is helping people feel stronger and more comfortable in their bodies, by offering them the space and skills to observe without judgment.
Erika completed her RYT-200 level training in 2013 at Boundless Yoga in Washington, D.C., and has been teaching continuously since then. She continued her studies with specialty training in vinyasa sequencing, prenatal yoga, restorative yoga and in teaching yoga to students with larger bodies. Erika completed an RYT-500 advanced teacher training program in 2015 at the Yoga Center of Columbia, Md. She has been based in Portland, Ore. since October 2017.
- Private yoga sessions, starting at $60. Up to four people can attend. (Contact me for availability and additional pricing information.)
- Studio, corporate and gym classes.
Erika’s holiday schedule:
- 9:30 a.m., Hive Flow, Love Hive Burnside, 1847 E Burnside St., Portland, Ore.
- 7:30 p.m., Gentle Yoga, Love Hive Woodstock, 5975 SE 52nd at Woodstock, Portland, Ore.
- 7 a.m., Hive Flow, Love Hive Woodstock
- 9:30 a.m., Hive Flow, Love Hive Woodstock
- 4 p.m., Gentle Yoga, Love Hive Woodstock
- Noon, Hive Flow, Love Hive Burnside
(Photo by Ginny Filer Photography.)