For Erika Bolstad, yoga is much like her journalism: Both are about spreading light and shifting perspective. Her influences are multidisciplinary, with an emphasis on movement, alignment and awareness. Her classes are about cultivating space and ease in the heart, mind and body to better breathe, love and create. Her specialty is helping people feel stronger and more comfortable in their bodies, by offering them the space and skills to observe without judgment. She offers students the space to challenge themselves and to spark their curiosity about their own practice.
Erika completed her RYT-200 level training in 2013 at Boundless Yoga in Washington, D.C., and has been teaching continuously since then. She continued her studies with specialty training in vinyasa sequencing, prenatal yoga, restorative yoga and in teaching yoga to students with larger bodies. Erika completed an RYT-500 advanced teacher training program in 2015 at the Yoga Center of Columbia, Md.Erika’s public teaching schedule:
- Monday, 7:15 p.m., Beginner Yoga, Past Tense at the Well. Limited to 10.
- Tuesday, 6:15 a.m., All-Levels Rooftop Flow at the Swift, Yoga Heights
- Wednesday, 8:30 p.m., Restorative Yoga, Past Tense
- Saturday, 9:30 a.m., Back to Basics, Yoga Heights (beginner class)
- Saturday, 10:45 a.m., All-Levels Flow, Yoga Heights
- Saturday, 12:15 Restorative Yoga, Yoga Heights
Erika also offers:
- Private yoga sessions, starting at $85. Up to four people can attend. (Contact me for availability.)
- Yoga for Creativity, special sessions to cultivate inspiration and productivity.
- Corporate classes and condo association classes.
- Yoga for special events, such as bridal showers or birthday parties.
Contact Erika for availability and additional pricing information.
(Photo by Ginny Filer Photography.)